LVN - Houston, Pasadena, Texas City
The Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) is responsible to the Administrator/Branch Manager/Supervising Nurse/Designee and its agency clients for rendering nursing care in assigned area in terms of individualized client needs, according to dependent and independent nursing functions. Conforms with recognized nursing techniques, procedures, and established standard passed on the scope of practical nursing, under the direction/delegation of the Patient Care Coordinator.
Essential Position Responsibilities:
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing and have a current Texas license as an LVN in good standing.
- Must have one year clinical experience.
- Must have the ability to make field visits.
- Must meet Continuing Education Licensure requirements by Texas LVN Board.
- Must maintain and be current with CPR certification
- Ability to read, speak, and write the English language.
- Must be able to provide dependable transportation and proof of auto liability insurance.
- Computer literacy required.
- Successfully able to function with minimal supervision and physically able to to perform all necessary duties.
- Assists RN in determining client needs, describes patients symptoms appropriately. Takes and records patient’s vital signs. Observes, reports and records patients’ condition. Documents all observations. Immediately reports changes in patient’s condition to PCC and physician.
- Gives inter-muscular and subcutaneous injections, oral medication, add IVMedications to existing venipunctures. Documents effects of medication.
- Obtains specimens and administers oxygen. Performs irrigation, catheterizations, and tube feeding. Gives enemas, tracheostomy care, wound care, perineal care, and catheter care. Inserts and removes Foley catheters. Documents according to policies and procedures.
- Responsible for understanding respecting and following the health information privacy and security policy and procedures (HIPPA) and is personally accountable for same.
- Meets or assist in physical and comfort safety needs of the patient; bath dresses, or assists patients with feedings prosthesis, elimination and ambulation as necessary. Adjusts position of patient as required to expedite recovery or ensure comfort.
- Assists patients in development of self care techniques.
- Provides and maintains a safe environment for the patient and the family.
- Attends multidisciplinary patient care conferences and participates in planning when appropriate. Attends in-service programs to facilitate self development.
- Communicates with patients and their families in a positive informative manner. Inspires confidence from patients by performing in a professional manner at all times.
- Meets continuing education requirements as set forth by State Board.
- Follows all policy and procedure related to Corporate Compliance Program and understands who and when to report fraud and abuse.
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Normal mobility of neck, back, shoulders, a full range movement in limbs and manual dexterity.
- Ability to life/transfer patients in excess of 100 pounds, which may require pushing, pulling, and essentially utilizing a full range of body movement; ability to manipulate up to 30 pounds in an office environment.
- Ability to stand, walk stoop, kneel, crouch, and /or crawl.
- Ability to lift, grasp, use fine finger movement and feel fine sensation to discern temperature, texture, size and shape.
- Vision corrected to 20/40 is acceptable with eye to hand coordination.
- Required hearing ability will offer depth perception and make the comprehension of instructions easier to follow.
Base wage negotiable, depending upon experience. Benefits available after 30 days of hire.
We provide a drug-free workplace, background check required, EOE employer.
Top candidates will be contacted directly for an interview with skills assessment.
Professional Website Design provided by DE Web Works