RN Case Manager - Austin, Corpus Christi, Pasadena, Texas City
The Registered Nurse Case Manager is responsible to the Administrator/PCC and promotes the physical and mental health of clients by applying the nursing processes. Using discretion and independent judgment, this position coordinates the delivery of quality patient care by assuring that the nursing care plan is followed. This position requires skill in planning and organizing nursing care; applying advanced nursing clinical skills, in maintaining records and charts, in preparing written reports, in teaching other nursing related skills, and in maintaining effective working relationships with others. This position combines the activities of direct and indirect care to pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
Essential Position Responsibilities:
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing and have a current Texas License as an RN in good standing.
- Two (2) years clinical experience (in a professional setting such as a hospital, long term care/rehab facility, or home health).
- Comprehensive knowledge of home health and implementation of plan of care, coordination and service deliver, and community resources.
- Two years actual work experience related to patient care.
- Possess knowledge of assessment/OASIS tool.
- Effective written and oral communication skills are required.
- 6. Must be able to function effectively as a team member and to work.
- Assumes responsibility to practice nursing within guidelines of the RN Practice Act, Texas Department of Health and other federal regulatory commissions for home care.
- Participates in the assessment, evaluation and planning of patient care, and revising necessary plans to include completion of all 485’s with each start of care and subsequent recertification. Ensures accuracy and submitted
timely as per agency policy and procedure.
- Ensures competent skilled nursing care in the home environment, i.e. administration of medications, inserts intravenous catheters, inserts subcutaneous catheters and administers quality care under physician orders and according to policies.
- Administers nursing care as ordered by the nursing care plan and physician orders.
- Uses proper techniques in performing direct patient care which requires substantial and specialized nursing skills and are consistent with scientific principles, Agency policy and procedures, accepted standards of care, and
review body regulations and requirements.
- Regularly teaches and supports client and caregivers in the identification of physical, psychological and safety needs of the clients.
- Can independently function without direct supervision, to continually evaluate the care and progress of clients and appropriately collaborates with the Administrator/Designee if needed.
- Continually assists client and care giver in providing and maintaining a safe environment in the home setting.
- Consistently instructs clients in health practices that will promote comfort and quality of life.
- Coordinates with client, payors, and staff to provide adequate supplies in the home environment to meet patient care needs.
- Regularly participates in orientation of new employees and staff development continually promotes interdisciplinary client care by utilizing resource personnel when appropriate. Assesses and makes appropriate referrals to
other team members for client when necessary.
- Coordinates all facets of assigned clients care planning and plan of treatment. Notifies physician of changes in patient condition and changes required in plan of treatment, at assessment and before recertification.
- Always available during assigned on call duty; appropriately answers inquiries or home visits as needed.
- Responsible for understanding respecting and following the health information privacy and security policy and procedures (HIPPA) and is personally accountable for same.
- Works at maintaining a good working rapport with all client care personnel and other departments requiring frequent interaction and coordination of effort. Inspires confidence from staff members and clients by performing in a positive and informative manner.
- Assumes responsibility for on-going professional development and continuing education, attends one seminar per calendar year related to patient care coordination.
- Is willing to adjust personal schedule to complete workload when requested and authorized by management.
- Assures and provides high quality of customer service by resolving patient complaints and using written reporting of complaints process on communication records and/or incident reporting and forwards to the appropriate management personnel. Assures that the clinical team performs within compliance measures.
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Normal mobility of neck, back, shoulders, a full range movement in limbs and manual dexterity.
- Ability to life/transfer patients in excess of 100 pounds, which may require pushing, pulling, and essentially utilizing a full range of body movement; ability to manipulate up to 30 pounds in an office environment.
- Ability to stand, walk stoop, kneel, crouch, and /or crawl.
- Ability to lift, grasp, use fine finger movement and feel fine sensation to discern temperature, texture, size and shape.
- Vision corrected to 20/40 is acceptable with eye to hand coordination.
- Required hearing ability will offer depth perception and make the comprehension of instructions easier to follow.
Base wage negotiable, depending upon experience. Benefits available after 30 days of hire.
We provide a drug-free workplace, background check required, EOE employer.
Top candidates will be contacted directly for an interview with skills assessment.