Physical Therapist - Angleton, Austin, Corpus Christi, Houston, Nederland, Pasedena, San Antonio, Texas City
The Physical Therapist responsible to the Administrator and is responsible for evaluating and providing treatments for clients referred to home health services.
Essential Position Responsibilities:
- Degree or Certification in Physical Therapy and licensed to practice in the state of Texas.
- Minimum of one (1) year clinical experience.
- Must be able to provide dependable transportation and auto liability to perform field visits.
- Maintains current CPR certification.
- Meets continuing education requirements set forth by the State Board and other agencies.
- Ability to read, speak and write the English language.
- Assesses and evaluates the client’s needs, functional level and conditions, utilizing testing, observation, and review the client’s history. May include completion of the admission process for home health services.
- Sets goals and plans client’s treatment in consultation with the client, the physician and other disciplines.
- Administers therapy sessions according to the plan of treatment and client tolerance level.
- Communicates and cooperates with department personnel, supervisors, physicians, and other disciplines to promote effective working conditions and relationships.
- Attends and participates in educational programs, case conferences, and committees. Responsible for the maintenance of necessary records and reports.
- Maintains knowledge of all instruments, equipment, and mechanical devices used in patient care.
- Maintains current CPR and meets all other continuing education requirements set forth by the State Board.
- Supervises PTA’s and documents supervision by having and attending Case Conference review with PTA, by communication record and by having their name recorded adjacent to the PTA’s on patients they have evaluated.
- Provides annual in-service/education to staff on Back Safety and Body mechanics.
- Responsible for understanding respecting and following the health information privacy and security policy and procedures (HIPPA) and is personally accountable for same.
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Normal mobility of neck, back, shoulders, a full range movement in limbs and manual dexterity.
- Ability to life/transfer patients in excess of 100 pounds, which may require pushing, pulling, and essentially utilizing a full range of body movement; ability to manipulate up to 30 pounds in an office environment.
- Ability to stand, walk stoop, kneel, crouch, and /or crawl.
- Ability to lift, grasp, use fine finger movement and feel fine sensation to discern temperature, texture, size and shape.
- Vision corrected to 20/40 is acceptable with eye to hand coordination.
- Required hearing ability will offer depth perception and make the comprehension of instructions easier to follow.
Base wage negotiable, depending upon experience. Benefits available after 30 days of hire.
We provide a drug-free workplace, background check required, EOE employer.
Top candidates will be contacted directly for an interview with skills assessment.
Professional Website Design provided by DE Web Works