Physical Therapist Assistant - Angleton, Austin, Corpus Christi, Houston, Nederland, Pasedena, San Antonio, Texas City
The Physical Therapist Assistant is responsible to the Physical Therapist/Designee and is responsible for providing a program of treatment for clients referred to Home Health Care for Physical Therapy.
Essential Position Responsibilities:
- Licensed by the Board of Physical Therapy Association.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience.
- Able to perform field visits.
- Maintains current CPR certification.
- Meets continuing education requirements set forth by the State Board and other regulatory agencies.
- Computer literacy preferred.
- Administers therapy sessions according to the plan of treatment and client tolerance level established by Physical Therapist
- Responsible for the maintenance of necessary records and reports.
- Communicates and cooperates with department personnel, supervisor, physicians, and other disciplines to promote effective working conditions and relationships.
- Attends and participates in educational programs, case conferences, Q.I. groups committees, and schedule departmental meetings.
- Maintains a competent level of professional expertise through a personal program of continuing education.
- Recognizes and provides care for client care and safety.
- Demonstrates sophistication in performance of clinical skills. Maintains knowledge of all instruments, equipment, and mechanical devices used in client care.
- Responsible for understanding respecting and following the health information privacy and security policy and procedures (HIPPA) and is personally responsible for same.
- Prepares relevant statistics and reports when needed.
- Completes a minimum of twelve (12) clock hours of continuing education in subjects related to the duties of the Administrator.
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Normal mobility of neck, back, shoulders, a full range movement in limbs and manual dexterity.
- Ability to life/transfer patients in excess of 100 pounds, which may require pushing, pulling, and essentially utilizing a full range of body movement; ability to manipulate up to 30 pounds in an office environment.
- Ability to stand, walk stoop, kneel, crouch, and /or crawl.
- Ability to lift, grasp, use fine finger movement and feel fine sensation to discern temperature, texture, size and shape.
- Vision corrected to 20/40 is acceptable with eye to hand coordination.
- Required hearing ability will offer depth perception and make the comprehension of instructions easier to follow.
Base wage negotiable, depending upon experience. Benefits available after 30 days of hire.
We provide a drug-free workplace, background check required, EOE employer.
Top candidates will be contacted directly for an interview with skills assessment.
Professional Website Design provided by DE Web Works